Monday, August 30, 2010

VITAL INFORMATION! If you're visiting Russia, that is.

Yours Truly has always had a fascination with etiquette and protocol in other countries, so I found this article at concierge.com fun and interesting.  The sidebar there has links to etiquette in other countries, as well.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

TH2 said...

I looked up Japan, and found this interesting item about ordering sushi at a restaurant:

Upon entering the restaurant, tell the chef, "Yuroshiku," which means, "Please take care of us." You should order as quickly as possible and eat the sushi the minute it comes out; the chef will like to move things along. "Don't chat with your friends," says Shimbo. "Just eat, and then say 'Yummy!'—something every chef likes to hear.

I like the last line.

Mary said...

I liked this:

One thing you won't see in Japan is salmon. Do not ask for it; the chef will not be pleased.

LOL!

Alisha said...

Jason and Mary bought me a book for Christmas a few years ago that's all about proper etiquette for other countries!

Croatia says, "Always bring a wrapped gift when visiting a Croatian home (such as wine, coffee, cookies, or candy--most grocery stores have wrapping services)." <--I'm moving there! HAHA!

I'll have to bring this little book over the next time I see you guys. I think you'd get a kick out of it :)

Mary said...

I'd love to see that book, Wishie!