Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Horrors

Fall Quarter starts in a month, so I'm officially depressed. The good news is that The Blogmistress is taking a choral conducting class, so maybe all that crazy hand waving I do in the loft will start to make sense.

I should request a class that teaches various wild-eyed head gestures so that I can effectively conduct while playing the organ. Somebody's gotta teach that stuff -- you know -- the stuff that really matters.

Please put your Feelings of Dread and Tales of Woe in the comments. And any Happy News too, if you insist.

This has been a Public Service Announcement.

(For the Naysayers: Yes - I'm very grateful to God Almighty for all the blessings and opportunities He has given me.)

8 comments:

Thine Dottir said...

Oh! Oh! don't worry, bewuvved blogmistwess! The sun will come out tomowwow and sine away!

MCK said...

Feelings of Dread
Research Methods, affectionately known as PhD boot camp, is coming up this fall. Prof puts you through the ringer and if you make it out alive, you deserve to be a PhD student. But then and only then...

Tales of Woe
I've got 25 days to finish my thesis (on a self-imposed deadline) and it can't come fast enough. I just want to be finished. Please.


That'll do for now...

MCK said...

ooo I have a new one...

Tales of Woe
The case of the advisor who says call me if you have questions who won't answer a phone or return a call. At a sort of standstill until I can get stuff taken care of.. and I'm put on a backburner... or perhaps I'm not even on the stove for this one. Ugh. Annoyed.

carissa said...

Mary, you should talk to Holly Oberle! When I took some lessons from her, she tried teaching me how to conduct from the bench with my head! HAHA, most humerous!

carissa said...

Feelings of Dread:
110 "initiation." gulp.

Happy News:
Met with Sister Mary Emily last Monday and she said this was the happiest she's seen me in a long time! :) (Of course, that could be due to the fact I am living the life of luxery, sleeping in, lounging around, swimming and eating awesome homecooked meals!)

Feelings of Dread pt2:
No more 8+ hours of sleep. Back to a diet of Ramen. gulp.

TH2 said...

Mary, sounds like your stuck in a minor chord, A-minor it seems. Try C-Maj-7th on the organ - one of my favorite, ethereal and uplifting sounds. Though, I do confess to the appealing melancholy of minor chords.

Mary said...

Dottir: You're so cute, and pretty awesome, too.

MCK: The good news is that you're very self-motivated and competent. Things'll be a little tough this Fall, but after the end of last Spring Quarter, it'll be a breeze!

Carissa: Holly took early retirement. Nuts! I'll have to pick her brain when I see her. I'm really glad you've been in touch with Sister Mary Emily, too.

HH: Heh, you nailed it pretty well! I'm sorry to say that I really dislike Major Major 7ths, and LOVE minor keys. I am a little "stuck" right now, but God is working in this situation, for sure. The rest of this weekend should be really terrific, starting with my Adoration hour after Mass tonight!

Thine Dottir said...

Panks yoo, bewuvved bwogmistwess. I do twy. Not vewy well, but I do.