Monday, September 15, 2008

25th Sunday in Ordinary Time - September 20, 2008

Prelude: Ave Maria (chant) (BB 701)
Processional: Holy, Holy, Holy (BB 209)
Preparation: Hymn of the Year of Paul
Communion: antiphon(see below)
Recessional: To Jesus Christ Our Sovereign King (BB 739)

I have a different Lamb of God for this week. Methinks that the Haugen Massive Cremation Lamb of God is too ingrained in people's minds for us to use with my (alternate) approved text. We will be using one by Jeff Ostrowski (Corpus Christi Watershed) that's easy for everyone to learn, but one that has almost surely not been heard by any of us.

I've also got a cool setting of "Taste and See the Goodness of the Lord", also by Jeff Ostrowski, for use as a Communion Antiphon. I intend to use it for four consecutive Sundays (at least). This is how people learn - repetition!

So, class, today's Latin phrase is: Repetitio mater studiorum - "repetition is the mother of learning".

No comments: